The Preliminary PAVITR Toolkit is available.
The PAVITR toolkit is a collection of short, comprehensive factsheets outlining technical and non-technical aspects and success factors for sustainable replications of technologies and approaches piloted in PAVITR, grouped in the following thematic layers:
- Identifying and setting up a project: about determining target communities and locations, understanding the challenges in a given context and matching them with potential solutions
- Getting to know PAVITR technologies: to support technology choice, capturing main considerations to characterize their suitability
- Resource reuse and recovery option(s): about analysis of supply and demand for treatment inputs and outputs, and identifying potential business opportunities
- Governance and Operations: about appropriate institutional set-up of PAVITR projects to meet management- and legal requirements
- Understanding financial viability aspects: introducing readers to financial key components, basics in business modelling and innovative financing models for water and sanitation projects
- Considering the impact on Health and Environment: presenting key results of environmental & health impact assessments of selected PAVITR pilots
- Understanding water management options in a regional context: summarising main learnings of implementing the ALLOWS tool
- Pilot studies harnessing our lessons learned from implementation and operation practice in selected PAVIR pilots
Contents will be presented in a pedagogic, low-entry level way so they are understandable for both an expert and non-expert audience and shall serve as helpful information source for practitioners bringing added value to already existing literature. It will be presented and freely online accessible as part of the Sustainable Sanitation and Water Management Toolbox (SSWM toolbox; https://sswm.info/) and encapsulate knowledge, lessons learned, and insights created during the implementation of the PAVITR.
The final version of PAVITR Toolkit will be presented in January 2023.